Interview recorded 29/05/2018
Yuasa comments on the following subjects:
• Fund investment objective, strategy and philosophy.
• How company ownership is an important aspect in the team’s stock selecting process.
• Which stocks he is most positive about currently and why.
• The consequences of the Bank of Japan (BoJ) buying stocks.
• Can Stock Price growth result in overvaluations.
• Which sectors and stocks most benefit the profitability of Japanese companies.
• What actions are being taken regarding labour shortage and to increase productivity.
Topics discussed include:
• Finding Japanese growth quality companies.
• Jeff Bezos of Amazon.
• Labour Shortage in Japan.
• Improving Japanese manufacturing productivity.
• Japanese CPI, Inflation, Government Debt and Abenomics.
• Japan Fiscal and Monetary Policies.
• Service sector improvements, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Discover the EI Sturdza Strategic Japan Opportunities Fund >
Disclaimer: This video is for Professional Investors Only.
The views and statements contained herein are those of Rheos Capital Works Inc. in their capacity as Investment Adviser to the EI Sturdza Strategic Japan Opportunities Fund as of 19/06/2018 and are based on internal research and modelling. This does not constitute independent research and under no circumstances should the information contained therein be used as a recommendation to buy or sell any security or financial instrument or service or to pursue any investment product or strategy or otherwise engage in any investment activity or as an expression of an opinion as to the present or future value of any security or financial instrument. Nothing contained in the views and statements by Rheos Capital Works Inc. are intended to constitute legal, tax, securities or investment advice. The views and statements contain “forward-looking statements”. All projections, forecasts or related statements or expressions of opinion are forward-looking statements. Although Rheos Capital Works Inc. believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct, and such forward-looking statements should not be regarded as a guarantee, prediction or definitive statement of fact or probability.
E.I Sturdza Funds Plc and its sub-funds, are Irish funds authorized by the Irish Central Bank. They are approved to the distribution in Switzerland by Finma. The Swiss representative and paying agent is Banque Eric Sturdza SA, rue du Rhône 112, 1204 Geneva / Switzerland. The prospectus, KIIDs, Articles of association, semi-annual and annual reports of E.I Sturdza Funds Plc can be obtained, free of charges, at the seat of the Swiss representative. The information contained herein is estimated, unaudited, may be subject to change and reflect the performance of the relevant funds during the period indicated. Any opinions or estimates expressed herein are at the date of preparation and are subject to change without notice. No such opinions or estimates constitute legal, investment, tax or other advice. The value of the funds and the income which may be generated from it can go down as well as up and therefore the investors must be able to bear the risks of a substantial impairment or loss of their entire investments. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Performance data do not take into consideration commissions and costs charged at the time of issuance of the shares. This document is intended for information purposes only and is not intended as an offer or recommendation to buy, sell, or otherwise apply for shares in the funds.